A graduate education at Brock works & will help you build a career and a life!
Vitae Professional Development — it’s the course of YOUR life!
- This event has passed.
Science Exposed: Submission Deadline
Tuesday, January 15 @ 8:00 am - 11:55 pm
Science Exposed is a contest organized by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and devoted exclusively to images of scientific research, in all fields of study
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (ET).
This contest is important because…
- Researchers create, capture and use images that are vital to scientific discussion, education, and knowledge dissemination.
- Images are a powerful way of teaching and communicating.
- Images are now ubiquitous in everyday life. Thanks to digital technology, the use of images has skyrocketed, especially on the Internet, which has become a highly visual learning medium.
- Researchers are being more frequently asked to share their work with the public, and images are an effective, relatable way to share scientific knowledge. They can convey emotion, beauty, and even surprise, while also fostering curiosity.
- Showcase images of Canadian research
- Foster interest in science and scientific curiosity in all audiences
- Build a database of scientific images of Canadian research
- Contribute to the advancement of knowledge and to new uses of scientific images
LEARN ABOUT BROCK winners here >> Brock student wins two awards
LEARN MORE ABOUT the contest here >> Science Exposed