Are you uncertain about career possibilities after graduation? In this interactive session, students will use the results of their Strong Interest Inventory® (SII) assessment to engage in activities to help uncover career possibilities and provide direction for planning next steps. Discussion of occupational research strategies and resources will also be discussed. Facilitator: Jackie Crawford and Monika Parsons, Career Services
careerzone.brocku.ca – goto career services tab, then to career assessments, then create a profile in career cruising.
https://www.onetonline.org/ – your tool for career exploration and job analysis!
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/jobs/jobbank.shtml – wage and labour market information for selected occupations
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx – The National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 is the authoritative resource on occupational information in Canada. It is used daily by thousands of people to understand the jobs found throughout Canada’s labour market. Learn more about the NOC 2011.
Strong Interest Inventory®
If you would like to complete a Strong assessment, email email@example.com
https://www.cpp.com/products/strong/index.aspx – for information about the inventory (assessment)
The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment is one of the world’s most widely respected and frequently used career planning tools. It has helped both academic and business organizations develop the brightest talent and has guided thousands of individuals—from high school and college students to midcareer workers seeking a change—in their search for a rich and fulfilling career.
Why It’s Popular
The Strong Interest Inventory assessment is a trusted tool because it is:
- Empirically based
- Underpinned by rigorous science and research
- Regularly updated to reflect changes in today’s world of work
- Backed by excellent support and guidance through CPP’s global distributor network
How It Helps
The Strong Interest Inventory assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including the following:
- Choosing a college major—helps students uncover their career interests and identify which areas of study are appropriate or required for a particular field
- Career exploration—opens up the world of work to first-time career seekers and those considering career transition by identifying their interests and demonstrating how they relate to various occupations and careers
- Career development—helps heighten individuals’ self-awareness and provide deeper understanding of individual strengths and blind spots, including work style and risk-taking orientation
- Employee engagement—helps employees align their interests with areas of responsibility in their job that reflect those interests
- Reintegration—helps individuals navigate the reintroduction process after a period of disconnection