Graduate Studies Courses
The Faculty of Graduate Studies and the Centre for Pedagogical Innovation are pleased to offer the following graduate level courses. Students from all Faculties are welcome to apply.
Instructors: Jill Grose and Lianne Fisher, CPI
Commences: Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2 to 4:30 p.m., ST 103 (classes continue every second week; when there is a university closure the class will resume the following week)
The non-credit course explores the theories and practices of teaching in the post-secondary environment. Students will engage in experiential approaches to course planning, instructional methods, evaluation and assessment, and reflective practice.
- identify and connect major theoretical perspectives in instructional design, student learning, assessment, and reflective practice
- practice instructional and presentation skills in micro teaching sessions
- identify and develop formative and summative assessment strategies
- practice skills in giving and receiving feedback
- write a statement of teaching philosophy
- create a teaching dossier representing significant teaching experiences and growth
The completion of a GRST course appears on the Brock academic transcript.
Information on Courses:
Please contact Jill Grose at x4392 or email: email@example.com
Information on Registration:
Please complete the Course Registration/Withdrawl form found here, obtain approval from your program and submit the completed and signed form to the Faculty of Graduate Studies who will manually register you.
READ BROCK NEWS STORY: Graduate student course a ‘gathering of practitioners’